It’s important for parents to honestly and openly discuss the troubling challenges of suicide and depression. More importantly, our teens need to know that there is always hope and help. Here are 13 messages every young adult needs to hear:
1. You belong.
2. You are worthy.
3. You have a gift.
4. Life can change at any moment.
5. The big picture is much more than all the details.
6. These storms will help you grow stronger.
7. Your story is still being written.
8. God’s beautiful story is still being written.
9. God cares about your pain.
10. You are noticed.
11. There is a reality beyond your perception.
12. You can be a light.
13. There is help and healing.