Classes are forming now
All classes meet twice a week for 6 weeks
SpoFI has partnered with the National Fatherhood Initiative to present their 24-7 Dad® evidence-based curriculum to our community.
We offer 24-7 Dad® Basic designed for all dads including first time fathers or young men who desire to become fathers. This class is well suited for non-custodial fathers as well.
We also offer 24-7 Dad® Advanced to graduates of our 24-7 Dad® Basic classes and to fathers who have some experience and seek to become better fathers.
We offer these classes periodically throughout the year in various venues. Classes are small to allow for robust discussion and interaction between the fathers.
When classes become available, we will post them on this web site.
The 24-7 Dad®
- Knows His Strengths and Weaknesses
- Cares for Himself
- Knows How to Father
- Knows How to Parent
- Builds Healthy Relationships with Family and Community
Spokane Fatherhood Initiative Transforms Lives
Dads who have graduated from SpoFI Dad classes share their remarkable stories of transformation and their passionate desire to be better dads. These classes are taught by the Spokane Fatherhood Initiative using the 24-7 Dad® curriculum developed by the National Fatherhood Initiative.
24-7 Dad® Basic
Many fathers in our community grew up without a father in their home. These men do not have the relationship and parenting tools they need to be effective, devoted fathers. For these men and those who aspire to be fathers someday, this evidence-based class teaches them basic fatherhood, parenting and relationship skills.
SpoFI offers this comprehensive class several time a year in various locations. The class is taught in twelve, two-hour sessions.
Currently Basic and Advanced classes are scheduled sequentially. Both versions are taught twice a week on weekday evenings.
- Family History and Its Impact on Fathering
- What it Means to Be a Man
- The Father’s Role
- Working with Mom and Co-Parenting
- Showing and Handling Feelings
- …and so much more
24-7 Dad® Advanced
This class is a more advanced and in-depth class that challenges fathers to become the best Dads they can be. The course focuses on self-evaluation, relationships, parenting skills and co-parenting. It is designed for fathers who have experience and want to improve their fathering skills. Enrollment is open to 24-7 Dad® Basic graduates and by approval by the instructor after reviewing an application.
This evidence-based curriculum is taught less frequently than the 24-7 Dad® Basic classes. The class is taught in twelve, two-hour sessions in a format similar to the 24-7 Dad® classes.
- Boyhood to Manhood
- Dealing with Anger
- Sex, Love and Relationships
- Competition and Fathering
- Improving My Communication Skills
- Fun with the Kids – Fathering and Fun
- Stress, Alcohol (drugs) and Work
- And more!
What do Some of Our Graduates think?
Q.) 5 Fathering skills I have learned as result of participating in this group are:
- Taking care of myself
- Role Modeling
- Honoring my children from their perspective
- Stopping and thinking twice
- Involving my kids more in day to day activities
24-7 Dad®Grad 2022
- Healthy communication
- Discipline techniques
- Showing and handling feelings
- Sympathy & empathy
24-7 Dad®Grad 2023
- Plan one on one dates with my boys.
- TEACHING THEM TO BE COMPETITIVE BUT HUMBLE.
- Not taking there power from them.
- Keeping my promise with not only my boys but friends and family.
- Being a rock star listener.
24-7 Dad®Grad 2023
Tuition for this class is normally $900 however, through the generosity of our donors, or through our contract with WA State DCYF, we are able to offer this program at no cost to you.