Want to get more involved with the Spokane Fatherhood Initiative? There are lots of ways you can participate and help. Here are some ways you can help make a difference:
- Weekly Spokane Fatherhood Initiative Community Meeting
Attend our weekly meeting to network with others interested in the fatherhood issue (women are also welcome too) at The Gathering House 733 W Garland Ave, Spokane, WA on Tuesdays from 10 AM to 11:30 AM
- Pray with us
Tuesdays at 9 AM until 9:45 AM at The Gathering House before the SpoFI Community meeting
Fridays from 8 Am to 10 AM at the DSHS Offices 1313 N Atlantic St, Spokane, WA 99201
- Make a monthly donation to SpoFI
- Become a Designated Representative from your church or organization. Contact us for additional information
- Support foster care families
Contact Spokane127, A SpoFI Ministry, to see how you can help or get involved with foster care.
- Support families in distress. Contact Safe Families to see how you can help.
- Help us with one of our events
There are all kinds of things to do for an event - everything from planning, to promotion, to setting up tables and chairs, serving refreshments, greeting people when they arrive, cleaning up.
- Attend Fatherhood events in the Spokane Community watch the SpoFI calendar
- Become a mentor
Mentoring is easy to do, you mostly just have to show up! and we can train you how to be effective. We have lots of mentoring opportunities including young people in single parent homes, estranged fathers, returning citizens (men and women released from prisons), young fathers and families of incarcerated parents. Send us a message or come to our Tuesday community meeting and ask about mentoring.
- Over 40 local organizations, agencies and churches participate in the SpoFI Initiative some of whom are listed on our resources page. Contact any of them for information on how to get involved in their work.