Want to get more involved with the Spokane Fatherhood Initiative? There are lots of ways you can participate and help. Here are some ways you can help make a difference. Click on the Contact Us buttons or the magenta text below for additional information.:
- 24/7 Dad Classes - Help serve meals (Currently we are teaching these classes online during COVID restrictions so we are not serving meals. If you want volunteer to help with meals when we return to the classroom, let us know and we'll keep you informed. Use Contact Us below)
We teach 24/7 Dad classes twice a week on a regular basis from 6:30 to 9:00 PM. Most of our students work during the day so to assure they have time to get to class without skipping dinner, we provide a nutritious meal at 6:30. This also gives the class an opportunity to fellowship and talk with our staff. We need help preparing. procuring and delivering meals for our classes so that the class Facilitators have time to prepare for each session. We currently serve about 20 meals per class session. Although home cooked meals are appreciated, we sometimes serve food from local grocers or restaurants like fried chicken, pizza, Asian take out or we buy prepared food that just needs to be heated like Costco Lasagna or Chicken Alfredo all of which are appreciated and enjoyed. SpoFI pays for the food costs, we mostly need cooks or folks to pick up and deliver the food. If you'd like to help or want additional information just click the button below.
- We need vounteer help
Our programs are expanding so we need more volunteers to continue to offer our programs. We need class facilitators, class helpers, mentors, administrative helpers, volunteer coordinator, an event coordinator and several others. We have volunteer opportunities for men and women of all ages and may have an internship possibility. For more information please click below to send us a message.
- Pray with us
We pray for DSHS staff, foster kids and SpoFI every Friday from 9 AM to 10 AM online using ZOOM. Send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request Zoom Meetings login information.
- Make a monthly donation to SpoFI Click to Donate
- Become a Designated Representative from your church or organization. Contact us for additional information
- Support foster care families
Contact Spokane127, A SpoFI Ministry, to see how you can help or get involved with foster care.
- Support families in distress. Contact Safe Families to see how you can help.
- Help us with one of our events
There are all kinds of things to do for an event - everything from planning, to promotion, to setting up tables and chairs, serving refreshments, greeting people when they arrive, cleaning up.
- Attend Fatherhood events in the Spokane Community watch the SpoFI calendar
- Donuts for Dads
This is a SpoFI mentoring program where we spend time with elementary kids during a donut break at school. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.
- Become a mentor
Mentoring is easy to do, you mostly just have to show up! and we can train you how to be effective. We have lots of mentoring opportunities including young people in single parent homes, estranged fathers, returning citizens (men and women released from prisons), young fathers and families of incarcerated parents. Send us a message for additional information.
- Over 40 local organizations, agencies and churches participate in the SpoFI Initiative some of whom are listed on our resources page. Contact any of them for information on how to get involved in their work.